Search This Blog

Saturday 14 December 2013

auto-change wallpaper

For a long time I've kept just one wallpaper as I don't use desktop icons and run 95% of applications Maximized all the time

Well I've started to use lxterminal in transparent mode so thought I put some effort in to auto-changing wallpapers

I have a my openbox autostart script  load a script and and it gives me a new wallpaper every minute.  The only issues I had were tweaking the themes so all the wallpapers worked, and ending the session fails to quit the script! This means if I exit and log back in I have the script run again so the paper changes faster.

  #!/bin/bash
while true; do
  find ~/.config/openbox/wallpaper/ -type f \( -name '*.jpg' -o -name '*.png' \) -print0 |
    shuf -n1 -z | xargs -0 feh --bg-scale
    sleep 1m
done
 found here :
http://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/93962/whats-the-problem-with-this-script-to-change-wallpaper

I modified a gtk-theme,  openbox theme settings, tint2, conky and xboomx based around 4 main colours